For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Anton Wallner Tel.: +49 351 260 3274
Place of work:
30 June 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PostDoc (f/m/d) in Accelerator Mass Spectrometry with focus on isobar suppression
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research conducts basic and applied research for a wide range of topics, including the detection of the smallest traces of radionuclides for applications in nuclear astrophysics, in geology and in environmental science.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Accelerator Mass Spectrometry and Isotope Research, offers positions as a PostDoc (f/m/d) in Accelerator Mass Spectrometry with focus on isobar suppression.
The positions will be available as soon as possible. These employment contracts are limited to two years with the option of prolongation.
- experience in accelerator mass spectrometry or in sample preparation techniques. This may include:
- an ion cooler and a setup for an ion-laser interaction for the new AMS system
- new sample preparation capabilities, in particular new laboratories for actinides
- the installation of a dedicated compact and ultra-sensitive AMS system
- PhD in physics, chemistry or related areas
- experience in one or several of the following:
- accelerator mass spectrometry applications
- earth and environmental research
- experimental nuclear astrophysics
- sample preparation for (accelerator) mass spectrometry
- radionuclide or rare isotope detection techniques
- laser-ion beam interactions or ion cooler applications
- single particle detection techniques
- software engineering or programming languages for accelerator facilities, e.g. Python or similar
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 vacation days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.