For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Toni Kögler Tel.: +49 351 4587416,
Mrs. Beate Beger Tel.: +49 351 458 7432,
Mrs. Kathrin Adamek-Genschmar
Place of work:
3 June 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Postdoc in-vivo dosimetry (f/m/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
At the Institute of Radiooncology – OncoRay scientists specializing in medicine, physics, biology and IT work together to substantially improve the treatment of cancer by administering radiation therapy that is biologically personalized and technically optimized.
The Section of Medical Radiation Physics invites applications as Postdoc in-vivo dosimetry (m/f/d) - range verification proton therapy.
The position will be available from 1st July 2020. The employment contract is limited to two years.
Translational research in the field of treatment verification in particle therapy as well as the development of new methods and technologies for radiation detection and imaging. These include:
- independent research activity
- publication of results in peer-reviewed journals and on conferences
- supervision of master and PhD students in the areas mentioned
- assumption of responsibility for subprojects, participation in the preparation of project applications and administrative tasks
- a completed PhD in the field of physics, engineering or a comparable natural science
- interests in multidisciplinary collaboration with medical physicists and doctors for first-in-human applications
- very good knowledge in the fields of medical physics, nuclear physics, the interaction of radiation and matter, detector physics, as well as in analog and digital signal processing
- an affinity to experimental work in connection with the development of software for data acquisition, data analysis and modeling, as well as practical experience in dealing with radiation detectors and associated electronics as well as object-oriented programming
- helpful are practical experience in dealing with:
- tools for the analysis of complex listmode data (e.g. root)
- particle transport codes (Geant4 / MCNP / Fluka)
- Jupyter notebooks
- knowledge of clinical processes and requirements in particle therapy
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 vacation days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.