For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Toni Kögler Tel.: +49 351 4587416,
Mrs. Beate Beger Tel.: +49 351 458 7432,
Mrs. Kathrin Adamek-Genschmar
Place of work:
3 June 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (f/m/d) on the topic of range verification particle therapy
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
At the Institute of Radiooncology – OncoRay scientists specializing in medicine, physics, biology and IT work together to substantially improve the treatment of cancer by administering radiation therapy that is biologically personalized and technically optimized.
The Section of Medical Radiation Physics invites applications as PhD Student (m/f/d) on the topic of range verification particle therapy.
The position will be available from 1st July 2020. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- tests of the Prompt Gamma-ray Timing (PGT) method under clinic-like / clinical conditions
- development of robust and automated analysis routines for PGT measurements
- first test of the PGT procedure on the patient
- collaboration with medical personnel in the implementation of this method in clinical workflows
- publication of the results obtained in refereed journals, as well as at national and international conferences
- very good degree (Diploma/ Master) in physics or an equivalent natural science
- good knowledge in the fields of medical physics, the interaction of radiation and matter and in dealing with radiation detectors
- enjoy experimenting as well as analyzing and modelling of medical-physical experiments
- practical are:
- extensive programming skills
- enjoy analyzing complex data and solving physical problems
- knowledge of clinical processes and requirements in particle therapy
- good communication skills and great interest in a multidisciplinary collaboration with medical physicists and doctors for first-in-human application
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 vacation days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.