For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Paul Chekhonin Tel.: +49 351 260 2149,
Dr. Frank Bergner Tel.: +49 351 260 3186,
Dr. Eberhard Altstadt Tel.: +49 351 260 2276
Place of work:
31 October 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Postdoc (m/f/d) in Materials Research: Correlation between irradiation induced damage and hardness increase in reactor pressure vessel steels
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology invites applications as Postdoc (f/m/d) in Materials Research on the topic: "Correlation between irradiation induced damage and hardness increase in reactor pressure vessel steels".
The position will be available from 1 January 2021. The employment contract is limited to two years.
- depth dependent characterization of material damage in ion-irradiated samples by TEM
- mechanical characterisation of ion-irradiated samples by means of nanoindentation
- exploration and modelling of relations between defect distribution and irradiation induced hardening of the material
- publication of scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at subject-specific conferences
- PhD degree in material science, physics or related fields
- advanced experience with microstructural investigations in metallic materials
- expert knowledge and practical experience in the field of transmission electron microscopy, related image/data processing and nanoindentation
- very good skills with calculus and programming
- strong passion for technical problem solving, development and improvement of new experimental techniques
- active communication with team members and highly proactive attitude
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 Vacation Days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.