For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Nils Cordes Tel.: +49 351 4587401,
Mrs. Kathrin Adamek-Genschmar
Mrs. Beate Beger Tel.: +49 351 458 7432
Place of work:
9 November 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institut FWMB
As part of the Institute, the Department of Radioonk.-OncoRay invites applications as
The position will be available from 01.12.2020. The employment contract is limited to 2 years.
- Basic and translational research on molecular targeting in radiation oncology and on cell adhesion
mediated therapy resistance.
- Independent research, publication of research results in refereed journals and at conferences,
supervision of students and doctoral candidates in the above-mentioned areas, participation in the·
preparation of project proposals and in administrative tasks.
- A PhD title in Biology or Biochemistry, excellent knowledge in the areas of tumor biology, biochemistry,
biology and the production of patient-derived organoids are required:
- Practical experience in orthotopic tumor models and bioinformatics would be very supportive.
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TvöD-Bund
- 30 Vacation Days per year
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.