For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Karl Gerald van den Boogaart Tel.: +49 351 260 4409,
Dr. Guido Juckeland Tel.: +49 351 260 3660
Place of work:
30 January 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Metadata Management Consultant and Developer (f/m/d) for the Helmholtz Metadata Cooperation Platform (HCM) in the Research field "Energy" with focus on Geodata and Resources
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Position is at the Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Ressource Technology, which is a part of the HZDR, but located in Freiberg (Sachsen) and focused on technology for primary and secondary raw materials.
The Helmholtz Metadata Collaboration Platform (HCM) is an initiative of Helmholtz Association and aims to enhance the handling and exploitation of Metadata within the Helmholtz Association. The Platform features so called metadata hubs (high level support teams for Metadata management and consultans focused on training and service as well as short/medium term projects introducting metadata management to research institutions). The offered position is part of the metadata hub for the Helmholz research field "Energy".
Two positions as Metadata Management Consultant and Developer (f/m/d) for the Helmholtz Metadata Cooperation Platform (HCM) in the Research field "Energy" with focus on Geodata and Resources will be available from May 1 st, 2021. The employment contract is limited to two years with an opportunity of continuation.
- Cooperation and Networking with other Metadata experts across various Helmholtz Centers and others national and international partners
- Consultation for scientists with respect to metadata management, handling, tools and strategies throughout Germany
- Main expert on metadata for primary and secondary raw materials and related geodata
- Conceptualization and introduction of common data and metadata platforms and metadata exploitation tools
- Research into existing metadata platforms, -tools, and -standards
- Teaching and cources om Metadata Management and Exploitation to domain scientists
- Conception and creation of electronic tutorials for metadata management usage
- Academic degree from a higher education institution in Natural Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science with a strong connection to the topic
- Proven record and expertise in metadata management
- Strong consulting and networking skills
- Advanced understanding of geosciences, resources, and/or process engineering
- Programing experience
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- Attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
- Interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 Vacation Days per year
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.