For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Andreas Wagner Tel.: +49 351 260 3261,
Dr. Toni Kögler Tel.: +49 351 4587416,
Dr. Sonja Schellhammer
Place of work:
14 March 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (f/m/d) in Translation of the PGT method into clinical workflows
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Radiation Physics invites applications as PhD Student (f/m/d) in the project "Translation of the PGT method into clinical workflows"
The position will be available from April 1st , 2021. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- tests of Prompt Gamma-ray Timing (PGT) method under clinic-like / clinical conditions
- development of robust and automated analysis routines for PGT measurements
- first test of the PGT procedure on the patient
- collaboration with medical personnel in the implementation of this method in clinical wokflows
- publication of the results obtained in refereed journals, as well as at national and international conferences
- very good academic degree in physics or an equivalent natural science
- good knowledge in medical physics, radiation and matter interactions, and radiation detectors
- enjoying experimental work as well as analyzing and modelling of medical-physical experiments
- extensive programming skills
- keen on analyzing complex data and solving physical problems
- knowledge of clinical processes and requirements in particle therapy
- good communication skills and great interest for a multidisciplinary collaboration with medical physicists and doctors for first-in-human applications of radiation therapy
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.