For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Mr. Tobias Huste Tel.: +49 351 260 3604,
Dr. Guido Juckeland Tel.: +49 351 260 3660,
Dr. Uwe Konrad Tel.: +49 351 260 3264,
+49 351 260 3317
Place of work:
15 March 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Software Engineer (Consultant for the HIFIS Platform (hifis.net)) (f/m/d)
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Department of Information Services and Computing invites applications as Research Software Engineer (Consultant for the HIFIS Platform) (f/m/d)
The position will be available as soon as possible . The employment contract is limited to two years with an opportunity of continuation.
The Helmholtz Federated IT Services (HIFIS) platform aims to ensure an excellent information environment for outstanding research in all Helmholtz research fields as well as a seamless and performant IT-infrastructure connecting knowledge from all centres. In collaboration with colleagues from the German Aerospace Center (DLR), the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) and the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UZF) you will support the development of research software with a high level of quality, visibility and sustainability within the software services team of HIFIS. Further information about the Helmholtz-Incubator is available in the HIFIS description or on www.hifis.net.
- Co-Design of a sustainable software engineering process by consulting various research groups across the whole Helmholtz Association
- Provisioning of tailored material to empower scientists of any domain to implement and to perpetuate modern scientific software engineering principles
- Establishment of guidelines for best practices in research software engineering across the whole Helmholtz Association
- Academic degree in higher education in Computer Science, Natural Sciences or Mathematics or any other related field with a strong connection to the topic
- Profound knowledge of a programming language, preferrable Python and/or modern C++
- Solid experience in sustainable software engineering with modern tools (e.g. Git, CI/CD, container technologys, build tools)
- Passion and enthusiasm for new topics around Software Engineering, sustainable software development, Open Source etc.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey knowledge
- The work in a Helmholtz-wide distributed, collaborative team requires you to be a motivated, open, initiative taking and creative team player
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written. German is beneficial.
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 Vacation Days per year
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.