For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Tino Gottschall Tel.: +49 351 260 3450,
Dr. Catalina Salazar Mejia Tel.: +49 351 260 2004
Place of work:
15 April 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD student – Advanced characterization of magnetocaloric materials in static and pulsed magnetic fields (f/m/d)
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institut Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory focuses on modern materials research in high magnetic fields. High magnetic field experiments are the ideal way to gain insights into the matter that surrounds us. Magnetic fields allow for the systematic manipulation and control of material properties – which is why these kinds of experiments are conducted on new materials so that their fundamental properties can be explored and so that they can be optimised for future application.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Strongly Correlated Electron Systems invites applications as
PhD student– Advanced characterization of magnetocaloric materials in static and pulsed magnetic fields (f/m/d)
The position will be available from June 01, 2021. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- Master or equivalent degree in physics with background in magnetism
- excellent hands-on experience in the development of new experimental setups
- strong engagement in original research, teamwork, and good communication skills
- measurement of magnetic, magnetocaloric, and multicaloric properties in pulsed magnetic fields
- development of new experimental equipment or studying multicaloric effects
- calorimetric measurements in static magnetic fields
- preparation of temperature and strain sensors using sputtering techniques
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to three years with the possibility of longer-term prospects
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 Vacation Days per year
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.