For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Michael Bussmann Tel.: +49 3581 37523 11,
+49 351 260 2616,
Mrs. Inken Köhler Tel.: +49 3581 37523 10,
Mrs. Weronika Mazur Tel.: +49 3581 37523 23,
+49 171 3635554
Place of work:
17 May 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Professional Support (f/m/d)
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Center for Advanced Systems Understanding (CASUS) is a German-Polish research center for data-intensive digital systems research. We combine innovative methods from mathematics, theoretical systems research, numerical simulations, machine learning and AI, data science, and computer science to provide solutions for a range of disciplines: materials science under ambient and extreme conditions, earth system research, systems biology, and autonomous vehicles.
CASUS was jointly founded in August 2019 by the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, the Technische Universität Dresden and the University of Wroclaw. CASUS is located in the heart of Görlitz at the border between Germany and Poland. The CASUS start-up phase is hosted by the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf and is financed by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research and the Saxon State Ministry of Science and the Arts.
CASUS invites applications as
Professional Support (f/m/d)
The position is available immediately.
- Support of the scientific and administrative personnel in all Hard- and Software needs and questions
- Administration of Client-Server- and Hybrid solutions for scalable workflows in the field of scientific data analysis and scientific simulation
- very good university diploma in Informatics or a natural Science in case of suitable professional qualification
- at least two years of professional experience in the Administration of medium to large-sized IT Installations, preferably with a focus on High Performance computing or Data Analytics
- ability to work in an autonomous, responsible and focused manner in an international team
- Interest in a close collaboration with scientists as well as the administrative personnel and the ability to react with care and competency to their wishes and requirements ,willingness to collaborate with the CASUS Professional Support Team, the IT Administrator and his stand-in
- outstanding technical and operational knowledge in the field of scientific data analysis and scientific simulation
- ability to work in a team, resilience, ability to deal sensibly in critical situations, open style of communication, willingness to be responsibly available to work on evenings and weekends to deal with resolving critical issues
- of advantage would be knowledge in: VMware, NVIDIA GRID, vGPU, Kubernetes, Singularity, Docker, Istio, Experience in ML/KI, Hochleistungsrechnen, Paralleler Programmierung, Data Analytics, Visualization
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence, broad national and international science networks
- The employment contract is limited until project completion with the possibility of longer-term prospects
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 Vacation Days per year
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.