For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Richard Gloaguen Tel.: +49 351 260 4424,
Dr. Pedram Ghamisi Tel.: +49 351 260 4405
Place of work:
28 October 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD (f/m/d) 3D-Point Cloud Segmentation
As a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) pursues the objective of developing innovative technologies for the economy so that mineral and metalliferous raw materials can be made available and used more efficiently and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Exploration invites applications as PhD (f/m/d) 3D-Point Cloud Segmentation. The position will be available from 1 January 2022. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- Development of segmentation and classification approaches for LiDAR-derived point cloud
- Development of fusion techniques to integrate point cloud data with optical images
- Presentation of the results in international conferences and high-level journal papers
- Master's degree in Remote sensing, Machine learning, or related fields
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Very good understanding of point cloud and 3D data
- Experience with time-series data analysis and data fusion
- Independent working style, demanding high quality of your own work
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to three years
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 days of paid holiday leave
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
Possibility to work part-time
Flexible working hours
In-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.