For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Birgit Gross Tel.: +49 351 260 3486
Place of work:
1 December 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
HZDR High Potential Candidates (f/m/d)
As a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The HZDR High Potential Program is a recruiting instrument to attract excellent external postdocs (f/m/d) with maximum of six years after receiving their doctoral degree. The program runs for three years and has the option of an extension by two years or tenure track in case of proven scientific excellence. Funding will be granted for up to two applicants per year.
Outstanding postdoctoral researchers (f/m/d), who received their PhD degree not longer than six years before their application. Periods of childcare can be considered by up to two years per child.
The scientific work has to fit to the overall strategy of the HZDR and the hosting institute.
Candidates (f/m/d) who have proven their excellence by excellent publications, third-party funding acquisitions, international cooperation and technology transfer activities can apply.
Please submit the following documents:
CV, including the exact date of the PhD certificate
Motivation letter (1-2 pages)
Scientific publication list with impact factors and citation record
Support letter from your potential scientific host scientist
One external review letter
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to three years with the option of an extension by two years
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 days of paid holiday leave
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
Possibility to work part-time
Flexible working hours
In-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application only via our Online-application-system.