For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Sebastian Reinecke Tel.: +49 351 260 2320,
Mrs. Susann Riedel Tel.: +49 351 260 3766
Place of work:
15 November 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PostDoc (f/m/d) Advanced control systems of wastewater systems
As a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Fluid Dynamics is conducting basic and applied research in the fields of thermo-fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics in order to improve the sustainability, the energy efficiency and the safety of industrial processes.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Experimental Thermal Fluid Dynamics invites applications as PostDoc (f/m/d) Advanced control systems of wastewater systems.
The position will be available from 1 January 2022. The employment contract is limited to three years (subject to a positive project evaluation).
- Development and implementation of advanced control strategies for wastewater treatment plants for
- Optimized oxygen transfer and mixing in aerobic wastewater treatment basins and
- Flexibilization of WWTPs in a volatile energy grid with fluctuating boundary conditions
- Development and planning of demonstrations at a pilot plant and performance evaluation
- Communication with industrial and scientific project partners
- Project management (description and delegation of tasks to engineers and technicians, progress controlling, supervision of students, reporting towards project partners)
- Publication of results in scientific journals
- PhD degree (thesis in submission phase) in the field of Electrical, Electronics and/or Computer Engineering, Mechatronics
- Deep knowledge of:
- Advanced control systems theory and automatic control in industrial applications
- Sensor and measurement technologies as well as data/signal/image analysis
- Computer programming and software engineering
- Very good communication and teamwork skills, very good English in spoken and written form, intercultural and industrial experience
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to three years (subject to a positive project evaluation).
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 days of paid holiday leave
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
Possibility to work part-time
Flexible working hours
In-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.