For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Joachim Wosnitza Tel.: +49 351 260 3524,
Dr. Sergei Zvyagin Tel.: +49 351 260 3517,
+49 351 260 2636,
Dr. Thomas Herrmannsdörfer Tel.: +49 351 260 3320
Place of work:
29 July 2022
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PostDoc / Scientist (f/m/d) Research in Quantum Materials
As a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory (HLD) focuses on modern materials research in high magnetic fields. As part of the Institute, the Department of Strongly Correlated Electron Systems invites applications as PostDoc / Scientist (f/m/d) Research in Quantum Materials.
The position will be available from 1 January 2023. The initial employment contract is limited to two years, with possibility of extension.
- Pursue vigorous research in an internationally leading user facility
- Participate in the in-house research program at the HLD, focusing on high-field electron spin resonance spectroscopy of low-dimensional and frustrated quantum spin systems
- Participate in the Cluster of Excellence Complexity and Topology in Quantum Materials
- Support the user program of the HLD that provides access to pulsed magnetic fields beyond 90 T as well as to a large variety of experimental techniques, including high-field electron spin resonance spectroscopy
- PhD degree in Physics
- Experience in high magnetic field and/or low-temperature measurements as well as in strongly correlated electron physics such as quantum magnetism – the focus of the HLD in-house research program - is desired
- Independent working style, demanding high quality of your own research
- Well-developed social and communicative skills
- Very good English language skills
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to two years with the possibility of extension
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offers
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV incl. list of publications, brief statement of scientific research, and addresses of three referees) only via our online-application-system.