For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Anna Dubrovska
Dr. Ariane Müller
Mrs. Beate Beger Tel.: +49 351 458 7432
Place of work:
30 June 2022
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (f/m/d) in the field of translational biophysics
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.400 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
As a part of HZDR, the Institute of Radiooncology – OncoRay, Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research, and Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research invite applications for a PhD Student (m/f/d) position for the Research group "Biomarkers for the individualized Radiotherapy". The PhD project relies on multidisciplinary scientific approaches combining cutting-edge nanomicrosystems with state-of-the-art translational biomedical models. The position is embedded in a joint project between three groups with solid experience in physics, biology, and oncology.
The position will be available as soon as possible. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- Formulating scientific objectives and hypotheses within the project
- Continuous update on the scientific literature in the field of study
- Planning and conducting laboratory experiments, nanosensor development, and data pattern analyses
- Evaluation and interpreting the experimental results
- Presenting research at the institutional seminars, national, and international conferences
- Preparing research reports and writing papers for publication in peer-reviewed journals
The project relies on multidisciplinary scientific approaches and focuses on identifying the physical properties of cancer cells that can be employed as new markers for radiotherapy.
- Master of Science or equivalent in Biomedical engineering, Biophysics, or related fields with very good marks
- Personal commitment, high motivation, ability to work within a multidisciplinary collaborative action of three institutions at HZDR
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and in collaboration with others
- Experience in molecular and cell biology techniques
- Practical/theoretical experience in microfluidics, soft and optical lithography, and electron beam lithography is an advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- Experience in working with laboratory animals (mice) is desirable but not essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- A structured PhD program with a comprehensive range of continuing education and networking opportunities - more information about the PhD program at the HZDR can be found here
- The employment contract is limited to three years
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.