For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Anja Feldmann Tel.: +49 351 458 3428
Place of work:
15 July 2022
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (f/m/d) Innovative Target Modulators for FAPtargeting UniCAR T therapy
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.400 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
At the Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research scientists (f/m/d) from the fields of physics, chemistry, biology, pharmacy, immunology, medicine and IT develop innovative radiopharmaceuticals and novel tools for functional characterization, improved imaging and personalized treatment of tumors.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Radioimmunology invites applications as PhD Student (f/m/d) Innovative Target Modulators for FAPtargeting UniCAR T therapy in the OncoProTools program of the MSCA Doctoral Network. For more information click here.
The position will be available from 1 January 2023, subject to project approval. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- Generate and characterize innovative UniCAR target modules (TMs) that allow bimodal cancer therapy (CAR T cell immunotherapy and radiotherapy)
- Perform analytical, biochemical and biological investigations on the UniCAR TMs
- Set up advanced cellular evaluation models and deliver preclinical proof (cell, in vivo) of efficacy for newly designed UniCAR TMs
- Write project reports for your local and network supervisors on a regular basis
- Successful candidates will apply in one of two graduate schools at the medical faculty of TU Dresden (e.g. DIGGS-BB)
- Participate actively to OncoProTools’ training, dissemination, communication and valorization program
- Prepare a doctoral thesis, and publish scientific articles related to the research project
- Furthermore, the selected candidate will take part in the following planned secondments:
- Academic secondment at University of Copenhagen (6 months, Denmark) to synthesize UniCAR TM1
- Industrial secondment at CROmed (5 months, Hungary) for the in vivo evaluation of TM1
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree or equivalent in the field of Biology, Biotechnology, (Bio-) Chemistry or equivalent e.g. must have completed their medical studies
- Master students in their final year may apply. Final selection under the condition of showing transcripts of their master’s degree in July (July 15th at the latest)
- Applicants must have a solid knowledge of immunology and/or protein biochemistry
- Applicants have obtained outstanding academic results
- Applicants must have an ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English to a level that is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training
- Applicants must be eligible to enrol on a PhD programme at the host institution (or at a designated university, in case the host institution is a non-academic organisation)
- Applicants must have the necessary academic skills and background to make the success of a doctoral degree
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- A structured PhD program with a comprehensive range of continuing education and networking opportunities - more information about the PhD program at the HZDR can be found here
- The employment contract is limited to three years
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system. By submitting your application, you are agree that all organisations involved in the project have access to your application documents. Please be sure to also place your application via the OncoProTools portal.