For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Richard Gloaguen Tel.: +49 351 260 4424
Place of work:
15 September 2022
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Project Coordinator (f/m/d)
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.400 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
At the Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF), innovative technologies for the circulareconomy are developed to provide and use mineral and metal-bearing rawmaterials more efficiently and to recycle them in an environmentally friendly way.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Exploration invites applications as Project Coordinator (f/m/d).
The position will be available from 1 November 2022. The employment contract is limited to two years, with the possibility of longer-term prospects.
Europe imports most of its raw materials used in renewable energy and digital technologies. But Europe has its own deposits of key raw materials and boosting domestic production would help to secure strategic and industrial value chains. A Horizon Europe project, VECTOR is coordinated by the Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) at Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) with 18 partners from seven countries.
We are looking for a project coordinator (f/m/d) to join lead the project team in delivering high-level research outcomes and novel technologies while ensuring financial and technical reporting as well as ethics and quality management. Working with top Earth and Social scientists across Europe and the UK on the supply of critical metals for the energy transition sounds like something you would like to contribute to?
- Management of project progresses, deliverables and milestones
- Communication and dissemination to the European Commission and relevant stakeholder groups
- Lead internal communication and project organisation
- Gather, monitor and consolidate scientific and technical reporting
- Administer project resources, including budget-related issues and requirement amendments
- Ensure a smooth streamlining of consortium activities and public events
- Initiate and facilitate communication within the consortium
- Coordinate the management of intellectual property and data protection
- Support exploitation of results
- PhD degree or demonstrated experience in large project coordination
- Good understanding of critical raw materials and mineral sourcing in the context of energy transition
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and proactively
- Strong interest in multidisciplinary and translational research
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to two years with the possibility of longer-term prospects
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.