For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Anja Feldmann Tel.: +49 351 458 3428,
Prof. Dr. Michael Bachmann Tel.: +49 351 260 3170,
+49 172 694 8424,
+49 351 458 2101
Place of work:
15 December 2022
At HZDR, we promote and value diversity among our employees. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds regardless of gender, ethnic and social origin, belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD student (f/m/d) RevCAR-T cell therapy to treat autoimmune disease: iTTP as the model system
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.400 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
At the Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research scientists (f/m/d) from the fields of physics, chemistry, biology, pharmacy, immunology, medicine and IT develop innovative radiopharmaceuticals and novel tools for functional characterization, improved imaging and personalized treatment of tumors.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Radioimmunology invites applications as PhD student (f/m/d) RevCAR-T cell therapy to treat autoimmune disease: iTTP as the model system.
TOLERATE training network aims at training Doctoral Candidates’ (DCs) to acquire the skills to develop different innovative strategies to treat autoimmune diseases, to identify the most promising strategies or a combination of strategies, to setup clinical trials and to develop a roadmap to bring a novel therapeutic agent to the market. For more information click here.
The position will be available from 1 April 2023. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- Generate RevCAR-T cells and CS- and CUB-targeting modules
- Study in vitro efficacy and in vivo efficacy of RevCAR-T cell therapy in a mouse model of iTTP
- Compare RevCAR-T cell therapy with other innovative immune therapies (WP2 and WP3)
- Learn to isolate T cells and generate RevCAR-T cells via lentiviral transduction
- Learn to perform cloning, biochemical analysis of recombinant antibodies, cell culture and cytotoxicity assays
- Learn how to use the preclinical mouse model for iTTP (trigger, sign andsymptoms)
- Master's degree in the field of Biology, Biotechnology, (Bio-) Chemistry or equivalent (e.g. must have completed their medical studies)
- Solid knowledge of immunology and/or protein biochemistry
- Good skills/experience in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, generation of recombinant proteins, working with cell cultures, flow cytometry and mouse models
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to three years
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system. By submitting your application, you are agree that all organisations involved in the project have access to your application documents. Please be sure to also place your application via https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/846836.