For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Jan-Christoph Deinert Tel.: +49 351 260 3626,
Dr. Sergey Kovalev Tel.: +49 351 260 2454
Place of work:
1 December 2022
At HZDR, we promote and value diversity among our employees. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds regardless of gender, ethnic and social origin, belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Associate (f/m/d) within the Tera-EXPOSE project
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.500 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
The Institute of Radiation Physics conducts research for states of matter under extreme conditions and in very small dimensions.
The High-field THz-driven Phenomena project group invites applications as Research Associate (f/m/d) within the Tera-EXPOSE project.
The position is available at the earliest starting date. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- Set-up and characterization of a time- and angle-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy experiment
- Set-up of sources for UV and THz radiation with high-power femtosecond laser systems
- Perform THz streaking experiments to quantify the interaction between THz pulses and nascent photoelectrons
- Designing and performing first experiments on THz-driven processes on surfaces studied by photoelectron spectroscopy
- Perform and support a wide variety of experiments on THz-driven dynamics investigated by optical methods, especially during beamtimes at the TELBE THz facility
- Very good university degree (diploma/master) in a natural science subject, especially physics or physical chemistry
- Extensive experience in the field of time-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Ultrafast spectroscopy, femtosecond laser systems, terahertz spectroscopy, nonlinear optics, ultrahigh vacuum, solid state physics
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Motivation to work independently on very complex and lengthy problems
- Good language skills in English
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to three years with the possibility of longer-term prospects
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.