For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Richard Gloaguen Tel.: +49 351 260 4424,
Dr. Samuel Thomas Thiele Tel.: +49 351 260 4431
Place of work:
15 December 2022
At HZDR, we promote and value diversity among our employees. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds regardless of gender, ethnic and social origin, belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PostDoc (f/m/d) machine learning and superresolution for multi-scale hyperspectral remote sensing
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.500 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
The Center for Advanced Systems Understanding (CASUS) is a German-Polish research center for data-intensive digital systems research. CASUS was founded in 2019 in Görlitz and conducts digital interdisciplinary systems research in various fields such as earth systems research, systems biology and materials research.
CASUS invites applications as PostDoc (f/m/d) machine learning and superresolution for multi-scale hyperspectral remote sensing.
The position will be available at the earliest possible date. The employment contract is limited to three years.
The position is embedded in a project which aims to bridge scale gaps by integrating multi-scale data through multi-scale endmember extraction and unmixing, and by using generative deep learning methods to enhance the resolution of adjacent low resolution satellite or airborne data.
Within the scope of the advertised position, deep super-resolution techniques will be developed and tested to extrapolate high-resolution UAV hyperspectral data across areas covered only by airborne or satellite data. The Post-Doc will be hosted at CASUS and work in close cooperation with the Helmholtz-Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HZDR-HIF) and Helmholtz Center for Environmental Research (UFZ).
- Development of coregistred UAV, airborne and satellite training datasets in Germany and Spain
- Benchmarking of existing super-resolution approaches
- Development of novel ML based super-resolution approaches to extrapolate high resolution UAV data across regions covered only by satellite or airborne data
- Design and publication of an open-source python-based toolbox for hyperspectral superresolution
- Linking the research at the hosting institutions, including repeated visits at each institute
- Open-source publication of data and processing procedures
- Publication of results in high quality journals
- PhD in machine learning, image processing, remote sensing, or related fields
- Experience in super-resolution imaging, generative adversarial networks and deep machine learning platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Willingness to closely cooperate with other researchers in project
- Optional: Experience within the fields of remote sensing, earth-science or ecology
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- A wide range of qualification opportunities and individual career counseling provided by the Postdoc Center HZDR-TUD
- The employment contract is limited to three years
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.