For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Gopalakrishnan Balasubramanian Tel.: +49 351 260 3799,
PD Dr. habil. Georgy Astakhov Tel.: +49 351 260 3894
Place of work:
30 November 2022
At HZDR, we promote and value diversity among our employees. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds regardless of gender, ethnic and social origin, belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PostDoc (f/m/d) Diamond based quantum sensing for neurosurgery
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.500 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
The Institute for Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research is dedicated to the study of materials and their nanostructures that can be considered for future applications in information technology and are based on electrical, magnetic or optical functionalities.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Quantum Technologies invites applications as PostDoc (f/m/d) Diamond based quantum sensing for neurosurgery.
The position will be available from 1 February 2023. The employment contract is limited to three years.
The objective is to develop quantum sensing methods that could harness multiplexing and distributed sensing opportunities. The candidate (f/m/d) should be responsible for one work package, which includes:
- Develop and build an imaging system that is capable of parallel signal acquisition (e.g., a high-speed CMOS lock-in camera)
- Develop and build a prototype system that can image samples through a fibre bundle
- Develop, test and implement quantum sensing protocols especially suited for a prototype device
- Master in Physics or Material Science
- PhD degree
- Experience in quantum sensing with NV centers in diamond or other solid-state quantum systems demonstrated by scientific publications
- Skills such as defect engineering, spin physics and optically-detected magnetic resonance are desired
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- A wide range of qualification opportunities and individual career counseling provided by the Postdoc Center HZDR-TUD
- The employment contract is limited to three years
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.