For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Aswin Louis Hoffmann Tel.: +49 351 458 3932
Place of work:
15 June 2023
English / German
Job-Id: 2023/109 (1693)
At HZDR, we promote and value diversity among our employees. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds regardless of gender, ethnic and social origin, belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (f/m/d) Magnetic shielding for real-time magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) integrated proton therapy
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.500 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
At the Institute of Radiooncology – OncoRay scientists (f/m/d) specializing in medicine, physics, biology and IT work together to crucially improve the treatment of cancer by administering radiation therapy that is biologically-personalized and technically-optimized.
The Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory (HLD) focuses on modern materials research in high magnetic fields.
The Departments of Medical Radiation Physics and the Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory are looking for a PhD student (f/m/d) shared between both institutes and working on the topic of "Magnetic shielding for real-time magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) integrated proton therapy". The position will be available from 1 August 2023 and is limited to three years.
You will develop scientific results in the field of MR-integrated proton therapy in the research group "Experimental MR-integrated proton therapy" and the "Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory", specifically on the topic "Magnetic shielding for real-time magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) integrated proton therapy" as a basis for writing the dissertation. This includes:
- Carrying out literature research
- Planning, carrying out and evaluating combined irradiation experiments and magnetic field measurements
- Planning, carrying out and evaluating magnetic material analyses and computer simulations
- Planning and production of magnetic shielding devices
- Publication and presentation of scientific results
- Above-average university degree (Master) in the field of physics, engineering physics, medical physics or in a related field of study, preferably with in-depth knowledge of material and radiation physics
- Application-ready knowledge of the respective field of study
- The mastery and use of scientific methods
- Independent working style
- Good to very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- A structured PhD program with a comprehensive range of continuing education and networking opportunities - more information about the PhD program at the HZDR can be found here
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment, mobile working and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- Employee discounts with well-known providers via the platform Corporate Benefits
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.