Institute of Radiooncology - OncoRay
Place of work/ Working hours:
1 April 2024
For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Nils Cordes Tel.: +49 351 4587401
16 October 2023
At HZDR, we promote and value diversity among our employees. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds regardless of gender, ethnic and social origin, belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Postdoc (f/m/d) for Molecular and Cellular Radiobiology
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.500 employees from more than 70 nations at one of our six research sites!
At the Institute of Radiooncology – OncoRay scientists (f/m/d) specializing in medicine, physics, biology and IT work together to crucially improve the treatment of cancer by administering radiation therapy that is biologically-personalized and technically-optimized.
The Department of Radiobiology is looking for a Postdoc (f/m/d) for Molecular and Cellular Radiobiology.
- 3D cell cultures methods
- Handling organoids of human normal tissues
- In vivo mouse models
- Bioinformatic analysis on RNA-seq and other omics datasets (metabolome, genome, etc.)
- Performing cell and molecular biology technics
- PhD degree in Biochemistry or Biology
- Experience in handling cell cultures and in cell and molecular biology
- Advanced experience in organoids of normal human tissues
- Advanced experience in bioinformatics (e.g. RNA-seq, ATAC-seq)
- Experience in handling in vivo mause models
- Goal oriented, capable of handling deadlines and pressure
- Team player who can operate independently
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- A wide range of qualification opportunities and individual career counseling provided by the Postdoc Center HZDR-TUD
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment, mobile working and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- Employee discounts with well-known providers via the platform Corporate Benefits
- An employer subsidy for the "Deutschland-Ticket Jobticket"
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.