Vacancy Notice No. 56E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research invites applications as
PhD Student (m/f)
The position will be available from 01. January 2018. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 19,5 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- very good diploma or master´s degree in physics, materials science or a related area
- willingness to travel to other research locations (Synchrotron facilities and the Technische Universität Chemnitz) and international conferences
- good written and oral skills in English
- personal commitment, team spirit and experimental skills
- preferable experience or knowledge in one of the following areas: sputter deposition, atomic force microscopy, magnetometry, x-ray scattering
- This research project aims at achieving strong nanoscale control of the magnetic properties of perpendicular anisotropy multilayer systems with or without antiferromagnetic interlayer exchange coupling. The successful applicant (m/f) will investigate the interplay between structural and magnetic modifications and apply this knowledge to create novel magnetic infrastructures and systems relevant to future data storage and logic applications.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Olav Hellwig, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2461 or Dr. Miriam Lenz, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2461.
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) by 15 September 2017 only via Online application https://www.hzdr.de/jobs.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
PO Box 51 01 19