Collaboration within the Helmholtz Association
Together with the other 17 centers in the Helmholtz Association and partners from all over the world, the HZDR researchers seek to develop new solutions, processes and products based on their findings of fundamental research.
Today, the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf is partner in the following Helmholtz networks and of a Helmholtz Institute:
- Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF)(1) – joint instutite with the TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- Helmholtz Cross-institutional Infrastructures(2): HIBEF, HEMCP, HEMF, ATHENA
- Helmholtz Research Alliances(3): Coordination of the Helmholtz Alliance LIMTECH (until Oct. 2017) and the Alliance "Energy Efficient Multiphase Processes" (until Dec. 2015)
- Two out of the twelve Helmholtz Virtual Institutes(4), which had been in operation from July 2011 to December 2016, were headed by HZDR researchers.
Furthermore, HZDR scientists are actively engaged in the IHRS NanoNet as well as in Helmholtz cross-program initiatives and activities.
IHRS NanoNet - International Helmholtz Research School for Nanoelectronic Networks
The IHRS NanoNet(5) is an interdisciplinary research school in the field of molecular electronics open to outstanding students of all nationalities with the following backgrounds: physics, chemistry, electrical engineering and materials science.
The 3-years PhD program includes independent research work in a project involving different branches of science and engineering. The well-structured scientific curriculum provides comprehensive training in technical and professional skills.
- HZDR (coordinator)
- Technische Universität Dresden(6) [Dresden Univeresity of Technology]
- Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden(7)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Nondestructive Testing(8)
- Nanoelectronics Materials Laboratory gGmbH(9)
The IHRS NanoNet is funded by the Initiative and Networking Fund of the Helmholtz Association(10).
Helmholtz Cross-program Initiatives and Activities
A multitude of research programs in the Helmholtz Association's six research fields tackle the major challenges of society, economy and science. Thus, the Helmholtz Association has established cross-program structures to bundle existing expertise across several programs. The HZDR is a partner in the cross-program initiative "Technology and Medicine – Adaptive Systems". In addition, the HZDR coordinates the cross-program activity "Radiation Research".
Content from Sidebar
URL of this article
Dr. Kay Potzger
Head Interface Magnetism
Phone: +49 351 260 3244, +49 351 260 2411
Dr. Holger Stephan
Group Leader Nanoscalic Systems
Phone: +49 351 260 3091
Fax: 13091, +49 351 260 3232
Prof. Dr. Sibylle Gemming
Head of VI Memriox / Group leader Materials Simulation
Phone: +49 351 260 2470