Semiconductor Nanoclusters: Ge vs. Si
- structures containing interface clusters show a larger programming window
- programming already possible at small programming voltages
- retention time is relatively short
- for smaller progr. voltages (E < 4 MVcm-1) memory effect relatively small
- prog. window at higher fields comparable to Ge based structures
- good retention characteristics
- microstructural properties are still under investigation
still open questions / ongoing investigations:
- Where exactly is the charge stored ? (bulk or interface clusters / traps)
- Can we adjust the interface cluster band ?
- How does the microstructure of the Si implanted layers look like ?