The Works Committee in HZDR
What is a Works Committee?
- The Works Committee or Works Council are the representatives of all employees in a company.
- The main task is to observe the abidance by the laws, by the Collective Agreements and by the Employment Agreements.
- The work is founded in the Betriebsverfassungsgesetz (more information about BetrVG).
- The Works Council is independent.
- Employees elect the Works Committee.
The Works Committee has to confirm or assist in:
- Each hire, salary change or relocation of employees,
- Each dismissal,
- Regulation of work and break time,
- Start using technical devices which can observe behavior or activities of employees,
- Arrangement of working places and work flows,
- Questions about salaries in a company,
- Organizing trainings in a company,
- Regulations about social-compensation plan
The Works Council has to apply for arrangements which help employees and the company and has to help enforcing good suggestions of employees in discussions with the employer. The Works Committee help hiring and integrating disabled people.
General Works Council
If there is more than one Works Committee in a company, a General Works Council has to be set up. It is responsible for matters of all locations of a company, which can not be handled by local Works Committees. Since 2014 in HZDR there is one Works Committee in Rossendorf and one in Freiberg. Dr. Anke Richter was elected as the chairwoman of our General Works Council.
|Dr. Anke Richter
||Tel.: 0351 / 260 3039 or 2426
Tel.: 0351 / 260 3689
|Dr. Sabine Kutschke||Tel.: 0351 / 260 2151 or 4421
Tel.: 0351 / 260 4437