Third Joint Workshop on Multi-Phase Flows
Simulation, Experiment and Application
31 May - 3 June 2005
The conference will be organised again by Forschungszentrum Rossendorf and ANSYS Germany (CFX). The workshop is supported by the Alliance for Competence in Nuclear Technology Germany.
Multiphase flows are of great interest to a lange variety of industries. The power generation, nuclear reactor technology, food production, chemical process, aerospace and automotive industries are all driving forces in this complex field.
The goal of the workshop is to bring together experimental and numerical practitioners, and to foster discussion and exchange of knowledge.
Experts from both areas are called upon to present their research and application results to a receptive worldwide audience. Topics of interest include:
- Phase interaction models
- Turbulence models for multiphase flows
- CFD applied to multiphase flow problems
- Measurement methods for multiphase flows
- Accuracy and resolution considerations for experimental and CFD investigations
- Practical application of CFD methods to multi-phase flow problems
- Comparison between different numerical and experimental approaches
Papers are welcome either as full text or as presentation slides. The participants will receive the full proceedings an a CD-ROM. The proceedings will also be published an the web site of the FZ Rossendorf and as a report.
M. Ishii: "Experimental and Theoretical Characterisation of Interfacial Structure in Two-Phase Flow"
M. Lopez de Bertodano: "Turbulence and the Two-Fluid Model: Advances in the Fast Decade"
M. Sommerfeld: "Detailed Modelling of Elementary Processes in Bubbly Flows an the Basis of the Lagrangian Approach
The short course is designed to provide knowledge on the use of numerical and experimental methods for multiphase flows. The participants will receive an overview of the possibilities and limits of modern experimental methods and computational fluid dynamics (CFD). Valuable information on the applicability of CFD for your tasks will be provided.
The short course will address the interests of engineers, chemists, physicists and technicians active in research and design, who want to be informed an modern design methods and tools for multi-phase flows.
- Mathematical Models for Multiphase Flows
- Eulerian Multiphase Flow: Phase Interaction Models
- Lagrangian Two-Phase Flow Models
- Interfacial Heat & Mass Transfer Models
- Measurement Techniques and Experimental Investigations for Bubbly Flows
- Practical Calculations of Bubbly Flows with CFX-5
- Dr.-Ing. H.-M. Prasser, FZR
- Dr.-Ing. E. Krepper, FZR
- Dr.-Ing. T. Frank, ANSYS CFX
- Dr.-Ing. G. Scheuerer, ANSYS CFX
15 April 2005 - Deadline for submitting presentation abstracts
29 April 2005 - Notification of acceptance
Registration & Fees
Please send or fax the registration form to:
ANSYS Germany GmbH
Staudenfeldweg 12, 83624 Otterfing, Germany
Tel.: +49 8024 9054 0
Fax: +49 8024 9054 17
Please make sure to mark if you intend to participate in the Short Course.
The deadline for registration and payment is
2 May 2005
|Short Course 31 May 2005|
|Industrial attendees:||€ 320|
|Academic attendees:||€ 210|
|Conference 1 - 3 June 2005|
|Industrial attendees:||€ 185|
|Academic attendees:||€ 125|
|Package price for short course and conference|
|Industrial attendees:||€ 430|
|Academic attendees:||€ 290|
The conference fees include:
- CD-ROM with available presentations
- Coffee breaks and lunches
- Dinner on 30 May 2005
- Conference dinner on 1 June 2005 at Radeberg Brewery
You will receive the invoice and further information an the conference with your confirmation letter. The recommended form of payment is by bank transfer. A cancellation fee of 75 € will be charged for cancellations after 2 May 2005.
The conference languages will be German and English. Presentation slides should be in English.
Bautzner Landstraße 128
01328 Dresden, Germany