MEMRIOX Vacancy Notice Reg.-No. 04E/2012/HZDR
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V. (HZDR) is a research centre with more than 900 employees and is a member of the Helmholtz Association (HGF). The main research areas are key technologies, structure of matter, energy and health. The research is performed in six scientific institutes which cooperate inside the HGF as well as with universities, extrafaculty institutes and the industry. Further information can be found at http://www.hzdr.de. The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research invites applications for one PhD position for a three year period, starting immediately, and financed by the Initiative and Networking Fund of the Helmholtz Association. The salary is according to German Public Service classification (TVöD).Requirements:
- Diploma or master (university or advanced technical college) in a branch of natural science or engineering with a grade of at least 2 on the German scale, corresponding to 80%
- Experience with oxide thin film deposition (pulsed laser deposition, atomic layer deposition, molecular beam epitaxy) and with thin film characterization techniques (AFM, X-ray diffraction, Hall measurements, Spectral ellipsometry)
- Knowledge in the field of electrical nanometrology on metals, semiconductors, and insulators
- Knowledge in English and basic knowledge in German
- Personal commitment, ability to work in a team and interdisciplinary cooperation
Tasks: The objective of the PhD work is the development of memristive oxide materials with modern thin film deposition techniques. Generally, the memristance is largely influenced by structural defects and oxygen deficiencies. Within this topic oxide thin films are grown, locally modified and analyzed with respect to defects and their influence on the resistive switching mechanisms by electrical nanometrology measurements.
For further details on the Helmholtz Virtual Institute Memriox we refer to http://www.hzdr.de/db/Cms?pNid=2485.
Please address your application (cover letter, CV, transcript of marks, references) with the Registration-No. 04E/2012 by 29.02.2012 preferably by email to: email@example.com. Please attach PDF or MS Word data.
For further information, please contact
Dr. Heidemarie Schmidt, Tel.: +49 351 260 2724, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Dr. Peter Zahn, Tel.: +49 351 260 3121, E-Mail: email@example.com
Women are explicitly invited to apply. Handicapped persons will be preferred in case of equal qualification. The Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf is an equal opportunity and certified family-friendly employer.
P.O. Box 51 01 19
01314 Dresden, GERMANY