Experiments on basic phenomena in multi-phase flows
The development of models and the validation of numerical calculation methods for multiphase flow processes require experimental data with high spatial and temporal resolution. Experimental studies are carried out by our department at the pilot plants TOPFLOW and TOPFLOW+.
- Liquid-gas flows in vertical pipes
- Two-phase flow around obstacles
- Stratified two-phase flows
- Film boiling and critical heat flux
- Contact condensation on free surfaces
- Deposition and resuspension of aerosol particles in turbulent flows