HIBEF User Consortium
The HIBEF is an international user consortium of research institutes and universities. The German stakeholder are DESY, Helmholtz Institute Jena and Helmholtz Center Dresden Rossendorf, later is the leading institute. This share is financed by the Helmholtz Forschungsgemeinschaft Germany. In addition a HIBEF UK sub-consortia is formed by the University Oxford and the Central Laser Facility (CLF), which provides a high energy laser system, similar approaches are discussed in China and the USA.
So the User-Consortium consists of over 80 groups from more than 60 institutes from 16 nations. It comprises more than 350 scientists and more than 300 PhD students.
The different topics are organized in work package, led by a scientist out of this field.
A current organizational chart of the User Consortium can be found here.
The following people have agreed to coordinate distinct aspects within the User-Consortium:
- X-ray instrumentation - A. Schropp (DESY)
- High-Energy Laser - T. Butcher (CLF), T. Toncian (HZDR)
- High-Intensity laser - U. Schramm (HZDR), T. Toncian (HZDR)
- Targets - I. Prencipe (HZDR)
- Pulsed magnetic fields - T. Herrmannsdörfer (HZDR)
- Diamond anvil cells - H. P. Liermann (DESY)
- Control systems – J. Dreyer (HZDR)
- Research Technology - P. Kaever (HZDR)
- Building - D. Reichelt (HZDR)
- Workshop: High Intensity Laser Matter Science at The HED Instrument at The European XFEL, 5-6 April 2017, Hamburg
- Satellite meeting to the European XFEL Users meeting, January 2017, Hamburg: Status of the HED science instrument & Meeting of the HIBEF user consortium
- Workshop: Dynamic Laser Compression Experiments at the HED Instrument at European XFEL, September 2016, Hamburg
- Workshop: Building a Target Network for Advanced Laser, August 2016, Dresden
- 1st Asia-Pacific HIBEF User Meeting June 2016 Shanghai
- Satellite meeting to the European XFEL Users meeting, January 2016, Hamburg: Status and Science at HED instrument and of the HIBEF UC
- HIBEF User Meeting and General Assembly, January 2015, Hamburg
- European XFEL HED Instrument User Workshop, January 2014, Hamburg
- Kick-off meeting for the HIBEF User Consortium, 2-5 June 2013, Hamburg