Magnetic nanomaterials and their assembly in highly correlated structures are of great interest for future applications as e.g. spin-based data storage media and as material for magnon-spintronics. These systems exhibit unique physical properties like superparamagnetism or symmetry breaking emerging due to their limited size. Individual nanomaterials can be combined as building blocks for so called superstructures where the combination of the different functionalities creates a novel multi-functional system, e.g. with magneto-plasmonic properties.
Our research activities focus on the fundamental structural and magnetic research on such objects and their functionalization. For the investigation we make use of different complementary measurement methods: AFM, microresonator FMR, X-ray and neutron scattering (SAS, GISAS, in-situ GISAXS, XRR, PNR, STXM), SEM, SQUID, TEM.
- From Droplet to Crystal – X-Ray Scattering Shows Crystal Formation in 3D
- „Superlattice growth and rearrangement during evaporation-induced nanoparticle self-assembly“
Elisabeth Josten, Erik Wetterskog, Artur Glavic, Peter Boesecke, Artem Feoktystov, Elke Brauweiler-Reuters, Ulrich Rücker, German Salazar-Alvarez, Thomas Brückel & Lennart Bergström
- „Ferromagnetic resonance of MBE-grown FeRh thin films through the metamagnetic phase transition“
A. Heidarian, S. Stienen, A. Semisalova, Y. Yuan, E. Josten, R. Hubner, S. Salamon, H. Wende, R.A. Gallardo, J. Grenzer, K. Potzger, R. Bali, S. Facsko & J. Lindner
Phys. Status Solidi B 1700145 (2017).
- „Tuning the structure and habit of iron oxide mesocrystals“
Erik Wetterskog, Alice Klapper, Sabrina Disch, Elisabeth Josten, Raphael Hermann, Ulrich Rücker, Thomas Brückel, Lennart Bergström, German Salazar-Alvarez
- „Long range order in 3D nanoparticle assemblies“
- „2D to 3D crossover of the magnetic properties in ordered arrays of iron oxide nanocrystals“
Bertrand Faure, Erik Wetterskog, Klas Gunnarsson, Elisabeth Josten, Raphael P. Hermann, Thomas Brückel, Jens W. Andreasen, Florian Meneau, Mathias Meyer, Alexander Lyubartsev, Lennart Bergström, German Salazar-Alvarez, Peter Svedlindh
- „Magnetization flop in Fe/Cr GMR multilayers“
Elisabeth Josten, Ulrich Rücker, Stefan Mattauch, Denys Korolkov, Artur Glavic, Thomas Brückel