Vacancy Notice No. 51E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Fluid Dynamics invites applications as
PhD Student (m/f) - Experimental investigation of turbulent liquid metal convection
The position will be available from 01 October 2017. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 29,25 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- very good Master´s degree in Physics, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- comprehensive technical skills and physical understanding
- design of a cylindrical Rayleigh-Bénard convection cell
- simultaneous measuement of velocity field, temperature field and heat flux inside the convection
- analysis of three-dimensional structure and the dynamics of the "large scale circulation"
- comparison of the results to direct numerical simulations done by a project partner
- scientific publishing
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Tobias Vogt, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2451 or Dr. Sven Eckert, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2132, 3563.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
PO Box 51 01 19