Vacancy Notice No. 55E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Radioncology - OncoRay invites applications as
PhD Student (m/f) in Molecular Oncology and Radiobiology
The position will be available from 01 November 2017. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 19,5 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden.
- strong interest in cell and tumor biology and state of the art functional genomic approaches
- very good graduation with Diploma or Master in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, medicine or related fields
- interest in animal handling
- ability to work independently, as part of a team and in collaboration with others in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- strong English speaking and writing skills
- cell culture methods (established cell lines, primary culture, organoids)
- molecular biological methods (gene expression analysis, Western Blot, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, microscopy)
- gene engineering (lentiviral transduction, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, functional screening)
- experimental mouse models (xenograft models, irradiation, imaging, histology)
- OMIC analysis (genomics, proteomics, epigenetic analysis, bioinformatics and biostatistics evaluation)
- analysis of clinical datasets (immunohistochemistry, gene expression, biostatistics)
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Beate Beger, Tel.: +49 351 458 7432 or Mrs. Kathrin Adamek-Genschmar.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
PO Box 51 01 19