Vacancy No. 59E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Radiation Physics invites applications as
PhD Student (m/f)
The position will be available from 01 December 2017. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 19,5 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- Master or Diploma in Computer Science or Physics with very good marks
- readiness to work in an international team
- knowledge in the following areas are desirable:
- evaluation and erroranalysis of experimental data
- identification and benchmarking of algortythms for optimization and compression
- knowledge in FPGA programming
- Create and test a concept for data processing and data analysis data in real time at highest repetiton rates at the TELBE THz user facility.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Michael Gensch, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2464 or Dr. Sergey Kovalev, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2454.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400