Vacancy Notice No. 80E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg of Resource Technology invites applications as
Scientific Researcher (m/f) / PostDoctoral Fellow (m/f)
to establish and manage the HIF X-Ray Computer Tomography Instrument and develop applications in raw materials analysis. The position will be available from 01 February 2018. The employment contract is initially limited to 2 years. Further extension is possible. The regular weekly working time will be 39 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund (German public service). The place of work is Freiberg.
- very good PhD degree in experimental physics, electrical or electronic engineering, mineralogy or related fields of research
- tangible track record in X-Ray tomography as indicated by international peer-reviewed publications and/or patents
- added advantage would be experience in:
- X-ray spectroscopy
- array and pixel detectors
- construction and prototyping of scientific equipment
- experience in data management and data processing of large datasets
- excellent English language skills (oral and written) are essential in a very international group; German language skills will advantageous
- establishment and management of a X-Ray CT instrument
- development of applications of the X-Ray CT instrument in close cooperation with partners from the resources industry and partner institutions
- supervision of students and active participation in interdisciplinary projects
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Markus Reuter, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 4411 or Prof. Jens Gutzmer, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 4400.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400