Vacancy Notice No. 94E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology invites applications as
PhD Student (m/f) Resource Analytics in Mining
The position will be available from 01 March 2018. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 19.5 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Freiberg.
- very good Master degree in Geometallurgy or Geoscience with focus in Economic Geology or Mineralogy
- profound knowledge in SEM based automatised quantitative image analyses (MLA, QEMSCAN)
- experience in further analytical methods (XRD, EPMA or Laser ICPMS)
- profound understanding of mineral processing
- experience in modelling of raw material processes and economic assement
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Portuguese language skills are an advantage
- experience/openess for interdisciplinary work
- intercultural experience and willingness to travel
The PhD position within the German- Brasilian collaboration project covers the development of suitable analytic methods, data evaluation and interpretation for the identification of the REE recovery potential from mining material.
- analytics (incl. method development and data processing)
- generation of flow sheet solutions
- interdisciplinary communication in the disciplines of exploration, mining, mineral processing and metallurgy
- presentation of results within project consortium and on scientific/technical conferences
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Jens Gutzmer, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 4400 or Mrs. Manuela Wagner, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 4401.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400