Vacancy Notice No. 97E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research invites applications as
Scientific Researcher / PostDoctoral Fellow (m/f)
The position will be available from 01 March 2018. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 39 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- Master in physics with excellent marks
- doctoral degree in physics and good publication record
- profound knowledge in at least one of the following fields: low-energy electron microscopy, photoemission electron microscopy, surface science, ion beam physics, physics of highly-charged ions
- interest to combine high resolution microscopy with in-situ ion beam irradiation
- willingness to work intensively with in-house theory group
- working in a team to install, commission and operate a new low-energy ion Iab as an extension of the HZDR Ion Beam Center
- investigation of ion irradiation induced defect dynamics by LEEM combined with other surface science techniques, e.g. STM/AFM, AES/XPS
- investigation of highly-charged ion impacts on surfaces and in 2D materials by LEEM and other techniques
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Stefan Facsko, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2987 or Dr. Johannes von Borany, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 3378.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400