Vacancy Notice No. 104E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research invites applications as
Early Stage Researcher (m/f) / PhD Student (m/f) for the development and application of Liquid Metal Alloy Ion Sources
The position will be available from 01 May 2018. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 19,5 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- distinct university graduation in physics or materials science
- sound knowledge in the fields of ion sources, particle optics, vacuum, material science and nanotechnology
- strong interest in the development of new ion sources and related applications in the field of nanotechnology (experiments and theoretical description)
- hands-on experience or strong interest in programming of process control routines
- strong motivation to join our exploration team and collaborate with project partners with focus on ion beam physics in nanoscale dimensions
- strong interest in interdisciplinary scientific work
- good proficiency in the English language
- development of new ion sources towards the integration into focused ion beam (FIB) systems of the Ion Beam Center of the HZDR and in the equipment of the project partner Raith GmbH
- experimental work in source preparation technology and characterization of the source performance
- investigation of the ion-surface interaction of heavy mon- and polyatomic ions from such sources using FIB (self-organized nano patterning, single impact events etc.)
- strong collaboration with the project partner Raith GmbH in transferring and test of new sources
- publication and presentation of the scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Lothar Bischoff, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2866, 2963 or Dr. Wolfgang Pilz.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates as well as qualified candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400