Vacancy Notice No. 107E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Radiation Physics invites applications as
PhD Student (m/f)
The position will be available from 01 June 2018. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 19.5 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- Master or Diploma in Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science with very good marks
- experiences in thin film technology, surface science and surface characterization methods
knowledge in the following areas are desirable: thin film coating with PVD, vacuum physics, basics of accelerator physics
- fabrication and optimization of GaAs- and GaN-photocathodes for a superconducting RF photo injector (SRF gun)
- investigation of the photoemission process and its temporal structure as well as thermal emittance and field emission properties
- characterization of photocathodes at cryogenic temperatures
- close cooperation with our SRF gun group to realize the operation of photocathodes in a SRF gun and to measure electron beam parameters
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Jochen Teichert, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 3445 or Dr. Rong Xiang, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 3548, 3163.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates as well as qualified candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400