For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Jochen Teichert Tel.: +49 351 260 3445,
Dr. André Arnold Tel.: +49 351 260 3382,
Dr. Pavel Evtushenko Tel.: +49 351 260 3067
Place of work:
1 March 2018
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (m/f)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Radiation Physics conducts research for states of matter under extreme conditions and in very small dimensions.The institute invites applicants as
PhD Student (m/f)
The position will be available from 01 May 2018. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- numerical optimization of injector for a CW electron accelerator with focus on longitudinal emittance and bunch compression
- active participation in gun test stand operation with numerical modelling and beam parameters measurements including experimental optimization of longitudinal emittance
- physics design, coordination of construction and commissioning of beam diagnostics for the gun test stand
- very good Master or Diploma in Physics
- experiences in accelerator physics
- knowledge in the following areas are desirable: electron sources for accelerators, particle optics simulation and beam transport, beam diagnostics at accelerators
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team