For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Richard Gloaguen Tel.: +49 351 260 4424,
Dr. Raimon Tolosana Delgado Tel.: +49 351 260 4415,
Dr. Mahdi Khodadadzadeh Tel.: +49 351 260 4418
Place of work:
25 March 2018
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Associate/Postdoc (m/f)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) pursues the objective of developing innovative technologies for the economy so that mineral and metalliferous raw materials can be made available and used more efficiently and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
The Institute invites applications as Research Associate/Postdoc (m/f). The position will be available from 1 June 2018, provided that the funds will be approved. The employment contract is limited to two years.
- participation on acquisition campaigns of hyperspectral and geochemical data on site (e.g., mining sites and prospects in Spain and/or Finland)
- development of algorithms for the integration of several layers of hyperspectral, geophysical and geochemical data into a comprehensive model
- active collaboration with other team members, coordination of project reports
- presentation of scientific results on the project workshops and on conferences
- publication of results in international peer-reviewed journals
- very good Diploma or Master degree in geostatistics, geoinformatics, geophysics or similar geoscience field and a PhD degree
- extensive experience in 3D-geomodelling, spatial analysis or geostatistics; experience in natural resources monitoring and evaluation will be very positively considered
- hands on experience in programming, preferably Python, and on data analysis environments (e .g., MATLAB, R)
- very good English language skills (both written and spoken)
- ability to work in remote places, rough terrain and in active mines
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team