For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Jochen Teichert Tel.: +49 351 260 3445,
Dr. André Arnold Tel.: +49 351 260 3382,
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Schramm Tel.: +49 351 260 2471
Place of work:
31 May 2018
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Scientific Researcher/PostDoctoral Fellow (m/f) for Laser Physics or Laserengineer (m/f)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Radiation Physics conducts research for states of matter under extreme conditions and in very small dimensions. The Institute invites applications as Scientific Researcher/PostDoctoral Fellow (m/f) for Laser Physics or Laserengineer (m/f).
The position will be available from 1 August 2018. The employment contract is initially limited to two years.
- maintenance, further development and support of short pulse Iaser systems for photo injectors at the electron accelerator ELBE
- preparation of beam times, adjustment and measurement of Iaser parameters and documentation
- development and improvement of Iaser diagnostics, ultraviolet conversion, and Iaser beam transport
- contributions to improvement and modification of the Iaser systems, especially to the ultraviolet conversion stages
- organizing the collaboration with scientific partners and companies for acquisition and commissioning of new Iaser systems
- responsibility for Iaser protection
- completed master or diploma studies in physics, Iaser technique, optics or an equivalent education
- Doctoral degree in Iaser physics (Postdoc)
- experiences in short pulse Iaser systems
- independent and carefully work, quick perception, team work and readiness for integration
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team