For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Peter Michel Tel.: +49 351 260 3259,
Dr. Michael Kuntzsch Tel.: +49 351 260 2241
Place of work:
20 August 2018
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
PhD Student (m/f) for digital RF field control (LLRF) and beam based feedback
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Radiation Physics, Department Radiation Source ELBE invites applications as PhD Student (m/f) for digital RF field control (LLRF) and beam based feedback.
The position will be available at the earliest possible time. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- development of a system model of the acceleration process
- design of feedback algorithms for the ELBE accelerator in order to stabilize the electron beam
- extension of the existing FPGA-code of the MTCA.4-based RF controller (LLRF) by the developed feedback algorithms
- cooperation with external partners and the ELBE control group
- proof-of-concept measurements at the ELBE-accelerator
- very good university degree (Master of Science or Diploma) or equivalent in physics, control theory, control engineering or electrical engineering
- very good controller design and controller theory skills
- FPGA Programming skills (VHDL) required
- ability to work in a collaborative team
- good written and verbal communication skills (English)
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team