For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Madlen Stockmann Tel.: +49 351 260 4675,
Dr. Moritz Schmidt Tel.: +49 351 260 3136,
+49 351 260 2536,
Prof. Dr. Vinzenz Brendler Tel.: +49 351 260 2430
Place of work:
30 September 2018
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Associate/PostDoc (m/f)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Surface Processes invites applications as Research Associate/PostDoc (m/f).
The position will be available from 1 November 2018. The employment contract is limited to 28 February 2022.
- investigation of the sorption of radionuclides onto mica and feldspars by batch sorption experiments
- identification and characterization of species on surfaces and in solution by applying advanced spectroscopic methods
- development of a thermodynamic model for the respective on-site physico-chemical conditions and establishment of a thermodynamic database to parameterize this model
- perform uncertainty and sensitivity analysis for the developed model
- publication of results in peer-review journals and at international conferences
- Ph.D. in chemistry, environmental science or geoscience with very good marks
- broad knowledge on thermodynamics, analytical and spectroscopic methods
- experience in working with radionuclides, experimental skills
- interest in applied research and interdisciplinary cooperation in the context of understanding the migration of radionuclides in polluted areas
- personal commitment, ability to work in a team
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team