For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
PD Dr. Cornelius Fischer Tel.: +49 351 260 4660
Place of work:
20 October 2018
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Associate/Postdoc (m/f) in the field of Reactive Transport Modeling
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials. The Department of Reactive Transport of the IRE invites applications as Research Associate/Postdoc (m/f) in the field of Reactive Transport Modeling.
The position will be available from 01 January 2019. The employment contract is limited until 30 June 2021. The regular weekly working time will be 39 hours. The place of work is Leipzig.
- reactive transport modeling in porous media, focus on sorption and dissolution/ precipitation kinetics
- investigation of the hydrodynamics of porous and fractured rocks using µCT and Geo-PET datasets
- the position will be an integrated part of a joint project including experimental/ analytical and modeling work packages
- part of the offered position is thus the implementation of analytical results for validation and sensitivity analyses of existing and newly developed reactive transport codes
- publication of results in peer-reviewed journals
- PhD with very good marks in Applied and Computational Mathematics, alternatively in Physics, Chemistry, or Earth/ Environmental Sciences
- substantial experience in numerical modeling
- background in hydrology including transport and/or chemical modeling
- experience with relevant programming and scripting platforms and the ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets is desirable
- excellent English communication and writing skills
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team