For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Mr. Jörg Konheiser Tel.: +49 351 260 2416,
Dr. Sören Kliem Tel.: +49 351 260 2318
Place of work:
31 October 2018
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Associate (m/f)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Reactor Safety invites applications as Research Associate (m/f).
The position will be available, subject to the consent of the funding agency, at the earliest possible time. The employment contract is limited until 31 October 2022.
- development of models for Monte Carlo calculations for the simulation of radiation fields
- optimization of the calculations by the different methods of variance reduction
- carrying out experiments and comparing with the calculations.
- perform uncertainty and sensitivity analysis for the developed model
- publication of results in peer-review journals and at international conferences
- Ph.D. in physics or nuclear engineering with very good marks
- broad knowledge in the field of nuclear engineering
- detailed knowledge in reactor safety analysis is advantageaus
- experience in working with Monte Carlo codes and experimental skills
- mastery of FORTRAN or equivalent programming languages
- interest in applied research and interdisciplinary cooperation
- personal commitment, ability to work in a team
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- willingness to work as radiation workers category A
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team