HZDR Research Talks
The HZDR Research Talks usually take place on Wednesdays from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. in seminar room 801/P142 at HZDR.
The next dates are:
May 27, 2020 as Live Video Presentation
"What we can learn from the 'f' in f-element" by Dr. Björn Drobot (Department of Biogeochemistry, Institute of Resource Ecology)
Our relationship to the f-elements is quite ambivalent. We highly demand some of them and want to get rid of others. However, what does this ‘f’ stand for and could we specifically probe this? This talk will highlight some of the exciting research aspects of the Institute of Resource Ecology and presents selected spectroscopic techniques with a focus on f-elements.
The live stream starts on May 27, 2020 at 1 p.m. and is accessible for HZDR employees as well as external users!
Access code: 190649
The HDZR Research Talks are a program for HZDR employees of all research fields. Within this framework, scientists give lectures on current projects, methods and procedures and look forward to exchanging ideas with colleagues in order to jointly develop ideas and initiate projects. The Research Talks are also open to external interested parties.
- Lectures and discussions are held in English.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Registration is not required. External visitors need to check in at the HZDR main entrance 30 min in advance.
Dr. Franziska Lederer (Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, Dept. Biotechnology)
Phone: +49 351 260 2427
Dr. Kristof Zarschler (Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research, Dept. Radionuclide Theragnostics)
Phone: +49 351 260 3678
Dr. Peter Zahn (Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, Dept. Scaling Phenomena)
Phone: +49 351 260 3121
Dr. Björn Drobot (Institute of Resource Ecology, Dept. Biogeochemistry)
Phone: +49 351 260 2759
- Dr. Dominik Kraus (Helmholtz Young Investigator Group High Energy Density, Institute of Radiation Physics): "Warm dense matter: investigating planets and stars in the laboratory"
- Dr. Yordan Georgiev (Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, Transport Phenomena in Nanostructures, Head of Nanofabrication): "Ultra sensitive biosensors based on the simplest possible field effect transistor"
- Dr. Matthias Streller (Communication & Media Relations): "The DeltaX student laboratory – a place of research and education"
- Prof. Dr. Heidemarie Schmidt (Institute for Solid State Physics, Friedrich Schiller University Jena): "Adhesion of biomolecules to a CHIP using surface-near electrostatic forces"
- Dr. Elke Beyreuther (Institute of Radiation Physics, Laser Particle Acceleration): "Radiobiological effect dependencies on proton beam quality revealed by zebrafish embryo"
- Dr. Nicole Matschiavelli (Institute of Resource Ecology, Biogeochemistry): "The disposal of high-level radioactive waste – some microbial issues"
- Dr. Kristof Zarschler (Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research, Radionuclide Theragnostics): "How to make a radiolabeled protein: a story of protein expression, functionalization and characterization"
- Dr. Gregor Hlawacek (Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, Ion Induced Nanostructures): "Helium Ion Microscopy for biological samples: Achievments and Challenges"
- Dr. Franziska Lederer (Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, Biotechnology): "Development of biological tools for the recycling of electronic scrap"