HZDR Life Science Talks
The HZDR Life Science Talks usually take place on Wednesdays from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at HZDR.
The next dates are:
November 13, 2019, seminar room 801/P142:
“Ultra sensitive biosensors based on the simplest possible field effect transistor” by Dr. Yordan Georgiev (Head of Nanofabrication, Transport Phenomena in Nanostructures, Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research)
December 4, 2019, seminar room 801/P142:
“Methods for more efficiency in water resource recovery” by Dr. Sebastian Reinecke (Experimental Thermal Fluid Dynamics, Institute of Fluid Dynamics)
The HDZR Life Science Talks are a program for all HZDR employees who work on solutions for life sciences and/or are interested in the topic in general. Scientists give lectures on current projects, methods and procedures and look forward to exchanging ideas with colleagues from all fields in order to jointly develop ideas and initiate projects. The Life Science Talks are also open to external interested parties.
- Lectures and discussions are held in English.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Registration is not required. External visitors need to check in at the HZDR main entrance 30 min in advance.
Dr. Franziska Lederer (Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, Dept. Biotechnology)
Phone: +49 351 260 2427
Dr. Kristof Zarschler (Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research, Dept. Radionuclide Theragnostics)
Phone: +49 351 260 3678
Dr. PD habil. Peter Zahn (Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, Dept. Scaling Phenomena)
Phone: +49 351 260 3121
Dr. Björn Drobot (Institute of Resource Ecology, Dept. Biogeochemistry)
Phone: +49 351 260 2759
- Dr. Matthias Streller (Communication & Media Relations): “The DeltaX student laboratory – a place of research and education”
- Prof. Dr. Heidemarie Schmidt (Institute for Solid State Physics, Friedrich Schiller University Jena): "Adhesion of biomolecules to a CHIP using surface-near electrostatic forces"
- Dr. Elke Beyreuther (Institute of Radiation Physics, Laser Particle Acceleration): "Radiobiological effect dependencies on proton beam quality revealed by zebrafish embryo"
- Dr. Nicole Matschiavelli (Institute of Resource Ecology, Biogeochemistry): "The disposal of high-level radioactive waste – some microbial issues"
- Dr. Kristof Zarschler (Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research, Radionuclide Theragnostics): "How to make a radiolabeled protein: a story of protein expression, functionalization and characterization"
- Dr. Gregor Hlawacek (Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, Ion Induced Nanostructures): "Helium Ion Microscopy for biological samples: Achievments and Challenges"
- Dr. Franziska Lederer (Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, Biotechnology): "Development of biological tools for the recycling of electronic scrap"