For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Kerstin Eckert Tel.: +49 351 260 3860,
Mrs. Teresa Schurz Tel.: +49 351 260 3876,
Dr. Roland Rzehak Tel.: +49 351 260 3475
Place of work:
31 January 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD student (m/f/d)/ Post-doc (m/f/d)
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institut of Fluid Dynamics
As part of the Institute, the Department of FWDT invites applications as
PhD student (f/m/d)/ Post-doc (f/m/d)
The position will be available expected from 01.04.2021. The employment contract is limited to 3 years pending project approval.
- Investigation of multiphase flow in a reflux flotation cell in an international, industry-driven project group: design and instrumentation of the cells with optical and wire mesh sensors
- measurement of bubble sizes, void fraction, particle trajectories and recovery
- development of a scale-up methodology
- very good Diploma or Master university degree in either: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering or Physics
- very good knowledge of experimental fluid mechanics and optical/electrical metrology
- strong interdisciplinary skills and strong communication skills with international industry partners
- self-dependent, structured and target-oriented working style
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TvöD-Bund
- 30 Vacation Days per year
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.